- Race will begin at Berryessa Community Center (3050 Berryessa Road) at 10:45 a.m. on Tuesday, May 12.
- The race will move Northeast on Berryessa Road and then turn left onto Northbound Piedmont Road.
- At approximately 10:50 am the riders will reach Calaveras Road, and will turn right onto Eastbound Caleveras toward Livermore.
- The race will reenter San Jose via Hamilton Road and Quimby Road, and turn onto Morillo Road in the Evergreen neighborhood at between 2:45-3:15 pm.
- The race will continue South on San Filipe Road before turning onto Metcalf Road and finishing at Motorcycle County Park (300 Metcalf Road) between 3-4pm.
- All listed times are approximate.
Notable Road Closures:
Berryessa Neighborhood (approximate):
Tuesday, May 12, 2015 – will be closed for set up for race and will remain closed until the race has departed (approximately 11:30am)
- 5:00 AM, through 1:00 PM: Eastbound Berryessa Road from Morrill to Sabal
- 8:00 AM, through 12:00 PM: Westbound Berryessa Road from Morrill to Piedmont
- 10:15 AM, through 11:30 AM: Piedmont Road from Berryessa Road to Calaveras as race passes
Metcalf Road and Vicinity (approximate):
Tuesday, May 12, 2015
- 5:00 AM, through 10:00 PM: Metcalf Road from San Felipe to Malech
No vehicular traffic will be allowed during any given closure. (Fire, police, and ambulance emergency vehicles will not be affected by road closures.)
Where possible, alternate vehicular routes will be posted. California Highway Patrol will accompany the race and make every effort to minimize the impact to residents, businesses and traffic.
Road Closures That May Impact You: Most of the route will be handled as a rolling street closure: as cyclists approach, streets will be closed to all vehicular traffic including VTA Buses; streets will re-open after the last cyclist passes a given area.
Major Points for Residents and Business Owners: On-coming traffic will be stopped about 15 minutes before the race. Traffic going the same direction of the race will be allowed until the race approaches. All driveways exiting onto the course will be closed as the race passes. Traffic will be allowed to cross the course until the race is approaching.
Tow Away Zones: Many areas along the race route will be posted as “Tow Zones”. If your street is posted as a “Tow Zone”, please adhere to dates and times posted since the “Tow Zones” will be strictly enforced and vehicles will be towed at owner’s expense.
Businesses: Due to restricted vehicular access, businesses are encouraged to schedule deliveries accordingly.
Spectators: Everyone is welcome to attend the Stage 3 Start and Finish, and to enjoy all of pre-race festivities and to line the race route to cheer on the riders as they compete in the world’s finest professional cyclist race. If you have any questions, additional information regarding the Amgen Tour of California is available at www.amgentourofcalifornia.com, https://amgentourofcaliforniasanjose.wordpress.com, or by calling (408) 288.2930.
We hope to see you there!